Drugs Don’t Work
Increase productivity and reduce your company’s workers’ compensation premiums by up to 7.5 percent when you join Drugs Don’t Work. This unique program educates Gwinnett employers about the prevention, intervention and elimination of substance abuse in the workplace.
Learn how to increase productivity and reduce your company’s workers’ compensation premiums by 7.5% when you join. This program educates Gwinnett County employers about the prevention, intervention and elimination of substance abuse in the workplace. The program also provides the continuing education hours needed to obtain and maintain the drug free workplace certification.
Five Simple Steps:
1. Provide a written Substance Abuse Policy to your employees *If requested, The Gwinnett Chamber can provide members of this program a sample policy.
2. Conduct regular Drug Testing, in any of the following forms : (You DO NOT have to test your entire workplace! You may limit the positions you test to safety-sensitive positions.)
- Reasonable suspicion
- Routine fitness for duty
- Post-Rehabilitation based on treatment due to a positive test result
- Post-accident, if injury results in loss of work time
- Random selection
3. Provide Employee Education on substance abuse and its effects on the workplace (provided by the Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce) Click below for sample newsletters:
4. Provide Supervisor Training on substance abuse, its effects on the workplace and how to identify the warning signs (provided by the Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce)
5. Provide an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) or, a referral list for counseling resources (counseling resources provided by the Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce)
Other benefits to the program:
- Assistance in completing Application for Certification
- Annual reminders to renew your certification
- Free legal advice and legal updates on policy changes from Thompson Law
- Gwinnett Chamber Member-to-Member Discounts to Medical Testing Facility or discounts for onsite drug testing kits
- Drug Free Workplace consultation from the experts at The Council on Alcohol & Drugs
- Drug Free Workplace poster to display in your workplace
- The Chamber has many resources available to companies wishing to start a Drugs Don’t Work program in their workplace.
For More Information